7/6/10

BOYCOTT PETER AND JOHN BIRD. By Uncle Monty.


.

Boycott Peter & John Bird of The
Big Issue ~ It's Long Overdue.
By Uncle Monty.
Blog Graphics & Photograbs
By Alex Albion.
~~~
(Re-Indexed From http://thebiggerissue.org/)
~~~
“You know, it’s a known fact that (The) Big Issue
attracts old-criminals, old communists, and those
from no good Labour and things like that, ” said
Minnie Darcy, who has boycotted the weekly
street magazine for the past 18 months or so ...
~~~
“Have you thought of banning them, I mean those
pair?,” she asked me out of the blue after never
thinking of doing such myself until what she had
fittingly suggested to me. The “pair,” she was re-
ferring to was, of course, Peter and John Bird.
~~~
“They’ve ban you, so why not do them a favour?
Why not ban them like they have you?,” the lady said
almost defiantly against the Bird Brothers herself.
~~~
“They’ve ignored your protest against them I bet,”
she intuitively observed. Minnie and I have seen one
another at my Big Issue pitch from past years. Upon
until now, she’d never expressed her own personal
antipathy toward the Big Issue brothers until she
learned that I myself had been unjustly removed by
them after 5 years as a badged Big Issue vendor at
London’s Covent Garden. She raged against them
and the more vehemently against the Big Issue
honcho John Bird, who she said she’d seen around
the place in the past but not of any recent dates.
That’s because, I explained to her, he’s now seques-
tered in so-called semi- retirememt , if you will, up
at Cambridge. While his little honcho brother Peter
Bird now mostly manages The Big Issue H.Q.
at London’s Vauxhall in his absence.
~~~
“If they finally let you back, then you can lift
your ban against the pair since they would have
done the same to you by no longer banning you
from The Big Issue," Minnie couldn't have put
it any better than she did. I asked her: "Do you
mean I should boycott the pair?" She looked
at me ruefully for a moment and exploded -
"BOYCOTT OR BAN THE BUGGERS? YES!
YES!!! That's what those two BUGGERS
need ...," almost cursing now at the Bird
pair was loud Minnie Darcy.
~~~
Her 30-year son had gone to prison (for what she
didn’t say). He then lost his misses, his kidz, and
his big lorry job. Finally, he started drifting on
the streets and soon became completely homeless
and jobless in less than two years. He slept rough
for awhile and got sick. At that point, she lost touch
with him and learned from time to time that he
was probably selling The Big Issue somewhere up
country. Last year in January he finally contacted
his mum again, who immediately put him up and he
is now in skills training to become a plumber’s mate.
When his mum asked him if he’d been a Big Issue
vendor, he confirmed that he had been on and
off for about three years.
~~~
"Did they help you?," his mum asked him point blank.
‘”NO, they're only WANKERS,”’ came his impolite
reply to his mom. She was shocked and disgusted
with The Big Issue and since then she has boycott
the weekly street paper published by The Bird
Brothers. She nevertheless regularly supports her
local individual Big Issue vendor. Still, she refuses
to buy the weekly. “I cannot buy The Big Issue
after they did nothing to help my son off the
street,” said Minnie in a sharp condemnatory
tone all of her own.
~~~
Looking much older than her mid-50’s, Minnie
Darcy (not her real name, I should add) insisted
she sign my petition to be given back my pitch that
has unjustly been yanked from under me by The
Big Issue’s Big Bird Brothers for quote on quote
“bringing The Big Issue into disrepute.”
~~~
Now at the beginning of the seventh week of Peter
Bird's arbitrary and capricious suspension of me,
there is no sign of any reconcilitation or any kind
of negotiated settlement between us in order
to avoid a costly and long court fight against the
callous actions and injustice by Peter and John Bird.
~~~
The good Lord works in mysterious ways, so I am
still not fazed, although patently angry, at the Bird
Brother’s contemptuous attitude and their unbend-
ing proclivity to be a chavalier law unto themselves.
~~~
My planned peaceful public protest for today –
which would have been my Day 4 Protest – has
been re-scheduled due to my doctor's appointment
this morning and possibly now undergoing heart
surgery that I have been putting-off for sometime
now. Such surgery wouldn't take place until the
earliest in January, 2011, if I such survive any
kind of heart attack or stroke between then and
now. Also, at noon today, I'll be witnessing some
thing of great interest to me personally. I'll tell
you all about that at close of my full story:
"BOYCOTT PETER & JOHN BIRD."
~~~
My planned public protests against The Big
Issue are, of course, still set to go ahead through-
out the summer and fall, if no resolution is found
between me and them. Right now, it's looking very
bleak and dismal to get my rightful Big Issue pitch
back due to all the damage and bad stuff now in-
flicted on me by the employees and backers
of Peter and John Bird against me.
~~~
I have now also received my first job offer since
my illegal suspension by vile Peter Bird himself.
I have no desire to hold a 9 to 5 job, although I
was pleased and surprised to get such a job offer
to work writing ads scripts for a small advertising
company whose boss is a good friend of mine. The
only job that would interest me is to do news photo-
graphy on a freelance basis ... such an offer would
be more than welcome! I could even do that, if my
Big Issue pitch is rightfully restored to me by
The Bird Brothers.
~~~
Many of my old friends and regular Big Issue
customers are still unaware of what has happened
or about my present plight with The Big Issue.
Even Contessa Maria doesn’t know since she’s on
her around-the-world cruise until September and
it’s doutbfully I can get hold of her until then at the
earliest to help provide me the financial support
needed by me to hire legal counsel against The
Big Issue. I knew when we were in Moscow, that
she was to leave the next day from New York
on her world sea voyage and that she’s be out
of reach until she shows up again in mid-
September. By that time, who knows what
the legal status will be between me
and The Big Isse’s Bird Brothers.
~~~
So no Maria right now for me, then sometime
in the future she will be there again for me
without a doubt. Although she has long wanted
me to give up my Big Issue pitch at London's
Long Acre, she’ll no doubt be disgusted at the
way it has been forcefully taken from me
without any due process or by any process of
appeal. Once she finds out, all hell will be let
loose on Peter and John Bird for what they
have unjustly done to me ... Don't fear, how-
ever, since more of my planned public and
private protests are on the way all throughout
the summer and the fall against The Big Issue.
~~~
One thing is certain, however, she'll never
directly speak to them or contact them by
any other means since she has no love or
respect per se for The Big Issue itself, so
she has repeatedly declared to me when-
ever the topic of John Bird is mentioned.
She has also repeatedly told me: "Look here
Monty, I don't want you on the street. You
have to deal with all those nasty people
you meet. Some I am sure will want to
rob you. That's not good. I don't like you
there since I am sure a good many of them
are dreadful types of people ...," fretted
Contessa Maria. Then I would tell her:
"But, Maria, my dear, that's where I
first met you on the street!! She then
swollowed her own words as I laughed
at her obvious and inverted snootiness
aside from her genuine worry and concern
for my personal safety as a Big Issue vendor.
Particularly, when some one like defenseless
Ralph Millward, the murdered and harmless
Big Issue vendor, who was savagely kicked to
death by some young British yobs at his own
Big Issue pitch for refusing to give them a
stogie. Bring back, at the least, the judicial
birch and school cane I say to teach such
yobs how to properly behave before they are
allowed to run amok with their murderous
behaviour and dangerous criminality.
~~~
Did you know John Duffy at Glasgow when Peter
Bird was also there with Scotland Big Issue? If so,
please contact this blogger - Uncle Monty -
~~~
UPDATED: When John Duffy, shown above, con-
tacted me last night concerning the "666" added by
me to the name tag around his neck he was pretty
upset with me. I told him that the purpose of the
"666" was not to insult him but rather to call attention
to the issue at hand - regarding Peter Bird when the
were both up at Scotland together. The result has
brought four responses thus far plus John Duffy's.
Had I not purposely put "666," I suspect I wouldn't
have heard from Duffy or the four others who
have been most helpful toward me. The power
of symbols and words always amazes me and
that's why I use such whenever I can.
.
Once he requests the removal of the "666," I
will go ahead with my pardon to him. An Anglican,
John Duffy has been for years a close and faithful
ally of big honcho John Bird and little honcho Peter
Bird. Most interesting, however, was Duffy's sur-
prising revelation to me that he no longer works
for The Big Issue that saw him first as homeless,
then as street vendor, then as Big Issue supervisor,
then as the Big Issue international business manager
with an office at its London H.Q at Vauxhall, then
as The Scotland Big Issue manager with vile Peter
Bird up at Glasgow, then as the holder of The
Big Issue franchise for Surrey (where he lives),
and then now his odd departure from what most
considered to be his close work with his big buddies
The Big Bird Brothers. My impression is that there
has been a recent and continuing drain of Big Issue
old-timers leaving The Big Issue either under du-
ress or because they're sick and tired of Peter and
John Bird or the job itself. So John Duffy has now
gone and so has this "pervo" Uncle Monty ... thanks
to Peter and John Bird who suspended me from
my five-year old Covent Garden pitch by their
arbitrary and callous actions against me. One
vendor friend of mine told me today on the
Strand that what has happened is "pay back
time, Monty, for all that stuff you've said
about those you didn't like in Big Issue."
I couldn't have agreed more with him!
.
Yesterday, I also told John Duffy that if he
wants to write his own story I might well
be pleased to publish it on my little blog.
Yes, yes, yes, I know all about what is being
said against me, but that doesn't fazed me
one little bit. Few people I know don't have
some closet to hide no matter who they are.
All I ask is that you don't blame me for
whatever my identical twin brother or
some other relatives or good friends of
mine, may or may not have done ...
I don't have to justify a thing and I
most certainly will not to whoever may
suspect rightly or wrongly of me ...
Openly, UM. June 12th, 2010.
PS. My primary aim is to get back my
rightful Big Issue pitch come rain or
sunshine or come heaven or hell ...
Until then, I will NOT shut-up!
~~~
Letter From Adelaide's "Shambani"
To Uncle Monty.
~~~
Dear Monty, We got your e-mail about being shafted
by the bosses of “Big Issue”. But I could not access
the full story. Worse perhaps, we could not add our
protest about this blow to you and all who know you.
We had no e-mail address to contact the Bird boys.
I wrote an e-mail to you and sent it and had it sent
back – not enough information for it to go through....
So, we feel a little bit powerless. I hope that by the
time you have received this, all will be back to nor-
mal. You will no doubt have had more literate people
pushing for restitution. We are due to leave Adelaide
three weeks today and shall arrive in London on
Monday 21st June in the evening – if the Volcano
behaves itself. We shall, all being well, call in
to see you on the corner outside Caffe Nero ....
Monty – wouldn’t “Evening Standard” be in-
terested in your story? Cannot understand
why they did it. A golden man for the cause.
... I hope you are still fighting fire. I would love
to watch a confrontation between you and
the rich (sod) Mr. Bird. Give them hell. Hope
to see you soon . Best wishes Myrna & Carl.
{Letter posted by snail mail on May 30th, 2010.
Received by me in London, June 5th, 2010. The
Hancocks’ letter has been edited by me to exclude
other personal matters in the Aussie epistle ... }
~~~
I have a good friend named Lisa Blake who I've ...
I have a good friend named Lisa Blake who I've known
for many years. She was homeless, living in a bus, and
sold The Big Issue. Unfortunately she dropped out of
sight and contact several years ago despite many efforts
to find her. I have been trying again to look for her,
and a google search has brought up the same name
in your blog post under the 2007 list of the homeless
dead. I know it's a long shot but you don't happen to
know who I would contact to get more information
about the lady that passed to see if it is the same
friend I am looking for. Many thanks, LEX.
.
(Lex, please send your contact details in order perhaps
to help you further on this matter of your Lisa Blake.)
thebiggerissue@k.st. - Lex Scott has now provided
his personal e-mail for those to contact him, if they
should know anything about the situation of his old
friend Lisa Blake: Lex.Scott75@googlemail.com -
~~~
Hi Monty Glad to see you are still ...
Hi Monty Glad to see you are still around as I
was worried when you stopped appering outside
Caffe Nero. I haven't worked out why you were
"suspended" but I'm glad you are ok and hope to
see you back soon. (Anonymous)
~~~
Hi Monty. Please keep my surname and e-mail
address anonymous. It's ok to leave my first
name though. Missing you terribly. Wondered
what the latest is. I'm not very au fait with how
web pages work, so from what i have read it looks
like you have come to some sort of peace agree-
ment with the Bird's. I can't wait for you to re-
turn to your pitch, i do hope you have not com-
promised your beliefs and right to free speach.
What are they so worried about? Or that Bird
man so drunk on power? Happy to send an e-
mail of support to The Big Issue if you wish???
Look forward to seeing you, very soon i hope.
Warmest regards Gillian.
~~~
AJB: Boycott Him ...

.

.

{ To enlarge any image, just click on it }

.

No comments: